Learn how to decorate your window with a rainbow of hearts to encourage your family and neighbors!
My friend Ashish challenged me to decorate my window with hearts and rainbows to spread joy and hope to my community. These rainbow windows and heart windows are showing up in neighborhoods everywhere to support and encourage us all. I count at least five in my neighborhood here in Ann Arbor alone! My version of the window rainbow uses simple cardstock to rain love down upon us all. This easy rainbow of hearts window project is part of our MAKE IT EASY Craftalong Challenge, filled with fun and EASY daily themed projects!
Watch me make this giant rainbow of hearts design in this live video:
I made this rainbow of hearts with simple cardstock, as that’s what I had, and it turned out great! I first put it up with just the design, like this:
And here’s what it looks like from the inside of my house — so very cheerful!
But then I decided to use all the extra hearts that were cut out of the rainbow and let them all rain down to grow more love for us and our community!
The version with all the hearts is my favorite! But you can make this any way you want. I have a printable PDF for those of you who want to cut it by hand — I sized it to fit comfortably on most doors and windows. And those of you with a Cricut cutting machine like me have a version to use as well (size it to fit your window then use my off-the-mat technique to get it into cuttable chunks), including a second version that is already cut to fit on 8.5″ x 11″ sheets of cardstock.
Here’s the video that explains how to make something huge and “off the mat” on your Cricut:
I have some special plans for this window! Check back every day this week to watch this rainbow window grow and transform with new fun and uplifting designs. I will add the designs to the library so you can add them to your windows, too. But you have to check back every day to see the transformation.
Ready to decorate your window and spread hope to your community! Let me show you how I made this rainbow of hearts window! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
Materials to Make an Easy Rainbow of Hearts for Your Window
- 65 lb. 8.b” x 11″ or 12″ x 12″ cardstock (you’ll want 10-20 sheets, depending upon the size of your window) — if you don’t have cardstock, you’re welcome to use removable vinyl instead
- Tape (I used regular clear tape)
- A way to cut your cardstock (I used the Cricut Explore cutting machine, but you can also use a Cricut Maker cutting machine, a Cricut Joy cutting machine, scissors, or a craft knife)
- Design #205 – The free SVG design files (available in my free resource library—get the password by filling out the form at the bottom of this page)
Need more projects for today’s craft challenge theme?
Today’s MAKE IT EASY Craftalong Challenge is to “Game On” by making a game-related craft, an easy tic-tac-toe set, a larger-than-mat project you have to puzzle piece back together (like this one), or make something with “game”If you are looking for other ideas, we have you covered!
- POP-UP GAME CONTROLLER CARD & GIFT CARD HOLDER- https://jennifermaker.com/game-controller-pop-up-gift-card-holder/
- DIY POKEBALL THAT ACTUALLY OPENS – QUICK & EASY!- https://jennifermaker.com/diy-pokeball-great-birthday-invitation-gift-box/
- Make Picture Puzzles on Cricut- https://jennifermaker.com/make-picture-puzzles-cricut/
We’d love to see YOUR windows of hope, whether or not you use this window rainbow with hearts design or not! Please share a photo in our Facebook group or tag me on social media with #jennifermaker.
This project is a part of our MAKE IT EASY Craftalong Challenge with fun and EASY projects you can do to learn how to use your Cricut! You can share your photos in our daily challenge theme thread here!