Learn how to make easy pull-tab DIY Christmas gift tags with my easy pattern!
When I made my tear-away gift tags a few years ago, I had no idea how popular they’d become! I’m always delighted to see people make them year after year for Christmas gifts. So I thought it would be fun to have more designs, and I’m happy to share more pull-tab shapes so you can make your own DIY Christmas gift tags this year!
Watch the step-by-step video tutorial for this easy project on my channel!
The most important thing you need to make my DIY Christmas gift tags is a good cardstock or poster board. I like to use foil or sparkle poster board with a white back for the best results, but you can use anything that works for you!
You’ll also want glue or double-sided tape to close up your DIY Christmas gift tag!
Of course we’ll need our Cricut Cutting machine, I’m using the Cricut Maker , but you can use any machine, including the Cricut Joy for this project. We’ll also need a machine mat, scraper and weeding tool.
You do NOT need a scoring tool for this project! I’ve included dashed cuts to assist in folding for you!
Let me show you how easy it is to make these fun pull-tab gift tags! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
Materials to Make a DIY Christmas Gift Tags with Pull Tabs!
- Sparkle Paper or Foil Poster Board or 65-110 lb. Cardstock – 12″ x 12″
- Tacky Glue (here’s another alternative glue that works great)
- (Optional) A pen to write your names inside
- (Optional) String or ribbon
- A way to cut your cardstock – I used the Cricut Maker but you can also use the Cricut Joy, Cricut Maker 3, or any of the Explore Series machines, or just cut by hand with scissors or a craft knife
- Green Standard Grip machine mat
- XL Scraper
- Weeding Tool
- Design #360 – My free pull-tab gift tag SVG/DXF/PDF design files are available in my free resource library – get the password by filling out the form at the bottom of this page
How to Make DIY Christmas Gift Tags
Watch my step-by-step video to learn how to make these gift tags!
Answers to Your Questions About How to Make Pull-Tab Gift Tags
Q: What kind of paper do I use to make the gift tags?
You can really use any 65 lb-105 lb. cardstock or foil posterboard— it’s your choice what color and texture you want to use. You can also use Cricut Foil Kraft Board.
Q: How do I get clean cuts on my cardstock?
Use good quality cardstock, make sure your blade is clean, and use a sticky mat. Learn more about solutions to cutting problems in my Cricut Cutting Problems guide.
Get my free SVG files to create these fun DIY Christmas gift tags!
I love seeing what you make with my designs and how you use them! Please share a photo of your pull-tag gift tags in our Facebook group or tag me on social media with #jennifermaker.